If you haven't made plans for the weekend yet, we've got FIVE reasons you need to get here.
1. Nouveau Fest at Fenn Valley Winery.
Nouveau, the French word for "new". Those grapes you saw on the vines this summer & fall? We'll this is the first taste of those very same grapes. According to our friends at Fenn Valley, you can expect a dry red wine full of berry flavors. This is a free event from 1 pm to 5 pm on Saturday, December 6th.
2. Yellow Perch and Deep Blues
Thirsty Perch Fish House is bringing in Keith Scott for some fantastic blues - he's played everything from small venues to the House of Blues. And it's a yellow perch derby, prepared beer battered or pan fried, all that can swim to your plate for sixteen bucks.
3. Ashley Daneman at Foundry Hall
Daneman is a jazz vocalist who trained as a jazz singer at the Manhattan School of Music and grew up on Joni Mitchell. The resulting heartfelt jazz and modern folk becomes organic, vignette-like songs. Touring Michigan's music scene this week from Montague to Ann Arbor, she's headed to New York and Texas in the coming months. Foundry Hall is thrilled to bring her performance to the intimate Red Room Saturday evening.
4. Mistletoe Market at South Haven Center for the Arts
Say hello to homemade and goodbye to standard big box stores. Not only does this artist market rock out the completely unique gifts that will knock your socks off, this weekend there's a sale on all candles, soaps, lotions, lip balm and body washes.
5. The Victoria Resort is offering a special on lodging - "Stay One, Get One 50% Off". Choose your favorite room in the bed and breakfast with a fireplace and whirlpool tub, or reserve a cottage with a real wood fireplace for your toasty warm getaway.
Fun, festive and just a few miles away... this is the weekend to be in South Haven!